Friday, August 29, 2008

Missing joey...

so i saw this like 3-year old post that i had in my old blog and i got a little mushy. Joey is still my all-time favorite Dumaguete character after all (sorry guys:P). I mean, I made a friggin' documentary about him, complete with interviews with tama el amz boy kim, jude and teddy bear (the horror!). anyway, enuf with the intro...

so im on my 2nd beer, whining over my selfish troubles, and here comes joey: this incredible 12-year-old wise-ass hu sells peanuts at el ams and suddenly, for a few minutes, i am able to appreciate how wonderful my life is.
like once told a friend, i am totally smitten with the kid because he's one of the very few people whose always genuinely happy to see me... there's nothing like seeing him flash his toothy grin every time we each other at memento or el ams or sted's. he helps me stop being self-absorbed for a while and just feel content with chatting with him about his day and whatnot.
and man is the guy deep. not something ud expect from a fifth-grader hu looks about 8 (the result of a life of poverty and years of dprivation). he'd be telling me stuff id never expect from some1 so young... but then again, he's seen a lot more of life than i have so, in some ways, the kid is more mature than me.
i wish someday i cud do something for him coz he has no idea of how much he's done for me...
(October 4, 2005)

2 comments:

Aiken said...

hala sa???????????/ si joey jud bitaw.... changed your life. hahahah.. o.a na ang show.. hehehe.. miss u mara!

michelle said...

huy ba, we couldn't find him anywhere na. asa na kaha tong bataa to.