Monday, March 9, 2009

three stars and a sun


The last time I cried this much for the loss of someone
to whom my affinity I could only vicariously pursue,
was when Raul Roco died. And now, another legend has passed on.
Leaving trails of immortality. Francis Magalona was one hell
of a role model for this generation.
He left too soon...
but his words and his songs and his thoughts and his
undying love for this country will echo on and on...



I still hear the voices of Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Tupac Shakur, Kurt Cobain, The Notorious B.I.G. and Frank Sinatra to name a few. And their voices rise from their graves.

I am lucky to have been a recording artist and one day when I leave this world, just like the names I mentioned, my voice will be heard. Always. At a touch of a button or switch, I am "alive" again.

In essence music is life. Music is immortality.
- Francis M. (www.happybattle.multiply.com)

4 comments:

UnicoHijo said...

most guys from my group here at work were at MOA last weekend for the last set e-heads concert. they sang like 20-30 songs which according to this fat guy from the other cubicle makes the bucks for the ticket worth it. they dedicated a song for francis m. i can't say i'm a francis m fan. but i'm a hell of an e-heads fan. so yeah.. haha. atom. lol

Cosmogonya said...

yep. he left to soon.. so sad..

well, anyway, hi mar.. jiiva here.. miss you girl..

Cosmogonya said...

yep. he left to soon.. so sad..

well, anyway, hi mar.. jiiva here.. miss you girl..

lua azul said...

naguol napud ko nagbasa ani.. atot.